Walking on Water

7 Comments
I was invited by Ron Lau (Olympus enthusiast) to participate in an official outing by Photographic Society of Petaling Jaya (PSPJ) last weekend. I went to a beach near Banting (about an hour and a half drive away from Kuala Lumpur) for some beach portraiture shoot, and of course to catch the sunset. There were nearly 40 members who joined this outing and it felt like a grand activity!

I was not so much of a model/portrait shooting kind of person so I shied away mostly when the model shoot was taking place. However when the sunset approaches, I went crazy with the shutter and gosh, I could not remember the last time I saw a sunset by the beach (well, it was about 2 months ago in Perth but that felt like a lifetime away). While I enjoyed shooting but being there out in the open, seeing the majestic sun being swallowed by the ocean, there is just some healing quality to it and I needed that after all the late nights and hectic city environment I spent most of my time in. 

All images were taken with Olympus OM-D E-M5 or PEN E-PL5 and M.Zuiko lenses 75mm F1.8 or 9mm F8 Fisheye Bodycap lens. 






Ron and Sanny

Thanks Ron for having me!

Image by Ron Lau (PSPJ)


I can't wait for the weekend to come, and I just want to go out and shoooooooot all I want. 



7 comments:

  1. An awesome sunset shot, Robin. Beautiful colors and superb silhouettes. Walking on water? Love that sound.
    Hope to see you this coming Saturday in Pudu. My wife and I may head for Sekinchan on Sunday just for fun of shooting.
    Thank you for sharing and may you have a great day.
    John.
    Robin, still saving bit by bit monthly for my 25mm f1.8. I have checked the distance in our church and this lens is just the right lens for Baptism shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! 25mm is such a versatile lens I am sure you are going to love it.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic silhouettes .. I love the ocean at sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, ocean turns into magic during sunset!

      Delete
  3. The third photo with the clouds sweeping toward the sunset is beautiful. Taken with the lens cap?
    Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,
      Yes it was taken with the 9mm F8 fisheye body cap lens.

      Delete
  4. Hello Robin,

    Did you shoot the pictures and raw with the two gentlemen in the sunset? Did you use software to bring up their faces or was it just that way? You have really good dynamic range here.

    ReplyDelete